Amery Haunted Church
207 120th St, Amery, WI 54001
East Immanuel Lutheran church was built in the peaceful countryside of Amery by Norwegian settlers in 1870, and it’s seems they, or another forgotten congregation, has never left.
One of the earliest known incidents happened in 1981. Reverend Elizabeth Robinson heard the church bell ringing from the parsonage across the street. The church was closed, so she ran in to investigate. She found the church completely empty. The bell has continued to ring frequently on its own since then.
Parishioners hear voices coming from empty pews, and sometimes even within the walls of the church. They have also heard what sounds like a potluck dinner happening in the basement, but find it empty.
Suggest edits to this listing